A rare opportunity to purchase an elegant, Grade II listed residence situated on the south west side of the main Manor House in the exclusive Hurn Court Estate. Heron Lodge is a grand 67 bedroom home, boasting retained period features, while offering spacious, light and airy living. This exquisite home benefits from views of the surrounding grounds, tall ceilings and sash windows throughout, a private courtyard and access to the 10 acres of beautifully presented grounds adjoining the River Stour, including two tennis courts.
Heron Lodge is located within Hurn Court which was originally converted from the well known local public school which was formally the country estate of the Earl of Malmesbury. It is beautifully situated within 10 acres of stunning parkland grounds in the stunning Stour valley. Located in the medieval parish of Christchurch which offers superb shopping facilities, boutiques, café’s and restaurants. The larger centre of Bournemouth is four miles east with a mainline railway station with direct links to London Waterloo. Nearby, only a mile distant, is the very convenient Castlepoint Shopping Centre which offers a variety of superb shops which also includes several major high street names.
- Double oversized front doors open into the entrance lobby featuring flagstone flooring
- Grand entrance hall with feature central staircase and large inglenook fireplace featuring a wood burner
- Study with dual aspect onto the front and side lawns
- Kitchen comprises a selection of wall and base cabinets, solid wood worktops, a breakfast bar, Range style oven with 6 ring gas hob, full height cupboard housing the boiler and double French doors lead out to an area of lawn to the side of the property
- Utility room features a 1 ½ bowl sink, space for washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher, and a large larder cupboard
- A secondary hallway with large store cupboard, gives access to the dining roomgames rooms, ground floor WC, secondary staircase and double doors out to the private courtyard
- The dining roomgames room features a log burner and leads through to the wine cellar and gymstudio
- The first floor features a central galleried landing with atrium above, flooding the property with light
- Hurn Court is accessed through electrically operated gates along a sweeping drive, with adjoining farm land either side
- 10 acres of stunning shared grounds offering areas to enjoy the wildlife and River Stour
- Access to two tennis courts located in the grounds
-Heron Lodge benefits from a double garage and two private parking spaces to the front left of the house
- Private courtyard nestled within the Manor House accessed from the ground floor accommodation