LANDMARK ANALYTICS LIMITED (“we”, “our” or “us”) is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05156356 and having its registered office at 7 Abbey Court Eagle Way, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7HY.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or which has been provided by you or third parties will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you do not agree with the ways in which we intend to use your personal information then please do not continue to use the Site.
- What information do we collect and how is it collected?
We may collect personal data about you in the way as set out below.
Information you give to us – this relates to any personal information which you have specifically input into the Site
- Registration details and associated details, such as your name, email address, password, postcode, telephone when registering and/or subscribing to the Site, our services including where applicable property alerts, our products, our competitions, our newsletters or otherwise registering your interest with us in any way.
- Any contact forms you have completed on the Site for estate agents regarding properties you are interested in.
- Your responses, to our surveys, entering our competitions or promotions.
- Any preferences you have selected, including any consents for receipt of newsletters, property alerts, and communication of services or products which we think may be of interest to you.
- Any interactions that you have with us on any of our chosen social media platforms, for instance, you may choose to like our Facebook page or send us a tweet on Twitter.
Facebook and Twitter. Please let us know if we can use FB login
Card information when you purchase from us, where you pay for any of our products or services, we will also collect your billing address.
- All other information that you choose to provide us.
You may choose whether or not to give some information to us. However, not providing certain information may mean you cannot enjoy all or parts of our services.
Information that is collected automatically – this relates to information which is automatically collected from your visit of the Site, services or products.
- Details of your visits, including but not limited to, your IP address, operating systems, browser type and traffic data. For detailed information on how we collect this data, please see the cookies we use below.
- Details of your interaction with information we send to you, including but not limited to whether you have read or opened our emails or particular subscriptions, newsletter, via our email communications.
- Information from third parties, including information passed to us via estate agents whom we have a contractual arrangement with. We may combine information we receive from third parties with information we collect directly or indirectly from you.
- We may use the data that we collect about you for the following purposes, if applicable:
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, services and products, when you choose to do so;
- to carry out our obligations to you, including providing you with your subscription services, property alerts, newsletters and contacting you about your orders;
- to manage your account, including customising the types of communication such as subscriptions and property alerts we send to you according to your preferences;
- to respond to your messages that you submit through the Site or via any other communication such as email or letter;
- to verify your user credentials;
- to contact you with important service announcements;
- to contact you with details of any prizes you may win;
- to provide you with technical assistance in the event that you contact us about a technical issue you are experiencing with the Site;
- if you agree, to contact you and/or to allow third parties to contact you about other services we provide which we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please untick the relevant box situated on the registration form or please write to us with your request.
- to help us improve the Site, services or products including its content, layout and navigation;
- to optimise and present the Site, services or products in the most effective manner;
- for analysis, research and statistical purposes to help us understand who is using the Site, services or products; when and how the Site, services or products are being used (your data is anonymised when we do this so that you cannot be identified);
We may also use any of this information to meet our legal and regulatory obligations and protect our legitimate interests.
- How we store your personal data and when is it deleted?
All personal information you provide to us will be stored on our secure servers or those of third parties or contractors we engage to help us run our business.
We will keep information no longer than we need to for the purpose for which we collected it. The criteria we use to assess the period of time for which we keep personal information include:
- any legal retention period to which we are subject;
- if you have an account with us, whether the information is necessary for administering your account;
- whether we are corresponding with each other on a particular query or issue;
- the last time you logged into your account or corresponded with us; and
- whether we need your personal data to resolve any potential disputes.
- Who do we share your data with?
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you use the Site, our services or products to the following third parties:
- companies within our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006;
- Estate agents. In these instances we will only share information in relation to and in so far as is necessary for us to perform the services to you, or in so far as you have permitted us to do so;
- third party service providers, such as our payment providers or subscription providers, our lawyers and accountants (and those of any prospective purchasers of our business – see below) who provide us with professional advice – we will impose appropriate obligations to protect the security and privacy of your information;
- where we re-organise, re-structure, sell or transfer our business, we will transfer your personal information to the new incumbent of the business for them to continue to use it in the same ways as we have prior to the transfer.
We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our Site to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- How to we transfer your personal information?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take appropriate measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your security and links to external websites
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Sites, for example when you register with us, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We have implemented measures to ensure that the personal information you provide to us or is collected about you is kept safe, secure and private.
The Site, services or products may from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such websites.
When using any social networking features which may be provided via the Site or affiliated to us, please ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal information that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights which we respect and aim to uphold in everything we do:
- you can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you and a description of how we use that information
- if you believe any information we collect on you may be inaccurate or incomplete, and you are unable to correct this information yourself, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies;
- you can require us to erase your information in certain circumstances;
- where we process your information using automated means on the basis of your consent or to perform the agreement, you can request that we supply such information to another party;
- you can require us to restrict our use of your information or object to how it is used in certain circumstances;
- where you have given your consent to us to process your information for particular purposes, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
You can control how we handle your personal information in your account settings on the Site. If you do not have an account with us, or if you are not able to adjust your account settings, please contact us using the details in the “Contacting us about your rights” section below. We reserve the right not to comply with any requests we receive where we may lawfully do so.
- Contacting us about your rights
If you would like to contact us about any of your rights or if you have any questions or complaints about our use of your information, please contact us at Data Protection Officer, Landmark Analytics Limited 7 Abbey Court Eagle Way, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7HY.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would first raise any issue or complaint you have about how we handle your personal information with us.
- Updates to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This Policy was last updated 15 June 2017