This character-filled detached four-storey house was built in 1868 and is located on Spring Road, offering good access to Ipswich mainline railway station, town centre and Historic Waterfront. The house offers five bedrooms with an en-suite, three reception rooms, basement and off-road parking.
This character-filled detached four-storey house was built in 1868 and boasts many original features. The property is located on Spring Road, offering access to Ipswich mainline railway station (offering direct links to London Liverpool Street, approximately 65 minutes), Ipswich town centre and Historic Waterfront.
The home is set over four floors. The ground floor accommodates three good sized reception rooms, kitchen, bathroom and utility area. Off the main hall there are steps leading down to the basement, and stairs to the first floor where there are two bedrooms and a family bathroom. The second bedroom is fitted with an en-suite, and the master bedroom offers a balcony with views over the garden and allotments. On the second floor there are three further double-sized bedrooms. The outside of the property offers off-road parking for two vehicles to the side, with access via double gates to the rear garden.
Original Wooden Entrance Door
Stairs leading to first floor and basement, door to rear garden, doors to:
Basement 20' 1" x 11' 11" ( 6.12m x 3.63m )
Covered staircase leading down to basement area, radiator and window to side.
Sitting Room 19' Max x 13' 2" ( 5.79m Max x 4.01m )
Selection of sash windows to front into bay, double-doors opening through to the rear garden, feature cast-iron fireplace with slate hearth and cast iron surround, stripped wooden floor set on two levels.
Drawing Room 15' 3" x 13' 8" ( 4.65m x 4.17m )
Selection of sash windows to front into bay, feature cast-iron fireplace with solid limestone surround and granite hearth.
Dining Room 13' x 12' 2" ( 3.96m x 3.71m )
Feature cast-iron fireplace with granite hearth and wooden surround, window to side, archway to:
Kitchen 13' 3" x 9' 7" ( 4.04m x 2.92m )
The kitchen offers matching eye and base-level units, roll-edged work surfaces with inset stainless steel one-and-a-half bowl sink and drainer unit, integrated oven and hob with extractor over, integrated dishwasher, integrated fridge, brick flooring, two double glazed windows to side, access to bathroom and utility, stained glass stable door leading onto the garden.
Obscure window to rear, panel-enclosed bath with mixer tap and shower, separate fully-tiled shower cubicle, low-level W.C.
The utility area has base level units with roll-edged work surfaces, space and plumbing for a washing machine.
First Floor Landing
Uniquely styled stained-glass window to rear, sash window to front, doors to:
Master Bedroom 15' x 13' 2" ( 4.57m x 4.01m )
Sash window to front, double doors onto the balcony with views over the garden and space for a table and chairs.
Bedroom Two 13' 6" x 12' ( 4.11m x 3.66m )
Sash window to front, feature cast-iron fireplace, radiator, and door to:
Obscure window to rear, a fully tiled shower cubicle, low-level W.C., pedestal hand wash basin and feature cast-iron fireplace.
The bathroom offers a three-piece suite comprising panel-enclosed bath with shower over, low-level W.C., pedestal hand wash basin and heated towel rail, with obscure window to rear.
Second Floor Landing
Sash window to front, doors to:
Bedroom Three 15' 11" x 12' 6" ( 4.85m x 3.81m )
Sash windows to front and side, cast-iron fireplace, radiator, built in wardrobe.
Bedroom Four 12' 10" x 12' ( 3.91m x 3.66m )
Sash window to front, feature cast-iron fireplace, built in wardrobe.
Bedroom Five 12' 10" x 12' 3" ( 3.91m x 3.73m )
Sash window to side, feature fireplace, built in wardrobe.
To the front of the property there is an iron gate with steps leading up to the front door with two lawned areas. To the side there is off-road parking for two vehicles, with access via double gates to a side patio with a fully functional workshop with power and lighting.
The rear garden offers a selection of patio and lawned areas, with fruit trees and established flower and shrub borders, and a small outbuilding of brick construction.
The garden is fully enclosed and is not overlooked.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.