CH7 (Buckley) area guide
The CH7 postcode district lies within or includes part of the following towns, counties, localities, electoral wards and stations: Afonwen, Alltami, Argoed, Bromfield Industrial Estate, Bryn Y Baal, Bryn-Y-Baal, Buckley, Buckley Bistre East, Buckley Bistre West, Buckley Mountain, Buckley Pentrobin, Cadole, Caerwys, Cilcain, Coed Talon, Connah's Quay Golftyn, Connah's Quay South, Ddol, Drury, Eryrys, Ewloe, Flint Oakenholt, Flint Trelawny, Graianrhyd, Gwernaffield, Gwernymynydd, Halkyn, Hendre, Hope, Leeswood, Llanarmon Yn Ial, Llanarmon-Yn-Ial, Llanarmon-yn-Ial/Llandegla, Llanferres, Llanfynydd, Llong, Loggerheads, Maeshafn, Mold, Mold Broncoed, Mold East, Mold South, Mold West, Mynydd du, Mynydd Isa, Nannerch, Nercwys, New Brighton, Northop, Northop Hall, Padeswood, Pantymwyn, Penyffordd, Pontblyddyn, Pontybodkin, Rhosesmor, Rhydymwyn, Sychdyn, Tremeirchion, Treuddyn.
Buckley was once an Anglo-Saxon settlement. Documented evidence of Buckley goes back to 1294, when it was described as the pasturage of the Manor of Ewloe. Henry V gave Ewloe and the pastorage of Buckley to his wife, Catherine of Valois, as a wedding present. Between the 17th and 19th centuries the town became an industrial heartland for pottery and coal mining. The Industrial Revolution of the 18th century helped jump start the coal and clay mining industries in Buckley. The town became synonymous with the production of clay and pottery products. By the 19th century there were 14 potteries in Buckley. During the coal mining days, many people came to Buckley to find jobs; many people emigrated from Ireland and Liverpool.
There has been a church on the site of present day St. Matthew’s Church since 1821. The first church was designed by John Oats and was a commissioner’s church. It was the only church in Wales to be funded from the First Parliamentary Grant. Many restorations and additions were carried out between 1897 and 1905 by the Chester firm of Architects. St. Matthew’s Church is built mainly from stone.
The Mold Cape was found in Mold CH7. The cape is a solid sheet of gold dating from 1900-1600BC, from the European Bronze Age. The cape was discovered by workmen in 1833 and is now housed in the British Museum.
CH7 is located in north-eastern part of Wales about 20 miles south of Liverpool. The population is around 50,000. Over 80 per cent of the properties in the area are either detached or semi-detached.
The most expensive streets in CH7 tend to have average property values that range from £500,000 to £600,000. Examples of streets with higher average property prices include Cefn Melyn Lane, Northop Country Park and Rhesycae Road. Some of the more affordable streets include Prince of Wales Court, Lon Yr Orsaf and Newthorn Place. Properties here can be purchased for around £60,000 to £70,000.
Buckley Railway Station provides transport for residents and visitors to CH7. When it first opened in 1890 the station was known as Buckley Junction. It was renamed in 1974 to Buckley Railway Station. The station has an hourly service southbound to Wrexham General and northbound to Bidston. To get to Liverpool, there is a connecting train at Bidston via the Wirral Line.
Loggerheads Country Park is located in Mold in a beautiful wooded river valley. The park is a part of the Clwydian Range and boasts a well-marked discovery trail, which is easily accessible. There are many events hosted by the park throughout the year: Easter Egg Hunts, Meet the Ancestors at Sunset, Dry Stone Walling, and much more. It is a great place to sightsee, picnic and spend time with friends and family.