WA4 (Warrington) area guide
The WA4 postcode district lies within or includes part of the following towns, counties, localities, electoral wards and stations: Appleton, Appleton Thorn, Bewsey and Whitecross, Bradley Brook, Cheshire, Cogshall, Daresbury, Dutton, Grappenhall, Grappenhall and Thelwall, Hatton, Hatton, Stretton and Walton, Higher Walton, Higher Whitley, Latchford, Latchford East, Latchford West, Lower Stretton, Lower Whitley, Lymm, Milton Weaver, Moore, Norcott Brook, Penketh and Cuerdley, Preston On The Hill, Seven Oaks & Marston, Stockton Heath, Stretton, Thelwall, Walton, Warrington, Whitley.
Warrington was founded by the Romans, who established a settlement known as Veratinum. For a period of 300 years, Warrington became known for manufacturing metal parts, as well as being a centre for textile production and chemical industries. Later on, during the 12th century, Warrington developed into a small market town, with a small population of a few hundred. During the 13th century, Warrington was given a charter which granted townspeople certain rights, which was later increased into 2 charters in 1292.
For those looking to live in the most affluent area of WA4, some of the most expensive properties can be found on streets such as Bentleys Farm Lane , where properties go for about £800,000. Bentleys Farm Lane is located in between two large roads known as Northwich and Tarporley Road (which also contain some highly desirable and pricey houses too).
For those looking for something more affordable, it’s possible to snatch up a bargain in places like Budworth Avenue , where flats and semi-detached
Local and convenient shopping centres in Warrington include Golden Square and Cockhendge Shopping Park. The three nearest railway stations are Warrington Central Railway Station, Birchwood Railway Station, and Warrington Bank Quay Railway Station, which are just a mile away from the local shopping of Golden Square. Halton Hospital is easy to access with its location on Lovely Lane (in WA5) and Burnett Nursery is situated along Lyon Street.